Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Keep It Safe  (Read 4427 times)
sabretooth
SysOp
Admin (SysOp)

Rate This Detective: 11

SysOp

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »

A place to share hints about this challenge
hunter2155

Rate This Detective: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »

Can someone give me a hint?

I tried everything with the image and didn't found anything

Thanks in advance
sabretooth
SysOp
Admin (SysOp)

SysOp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »

What did you try already? Smiley

You don't need to dive into the coding of the image for this one.
Try something basic.

sabretooth
Removed-25617626

Rate This Detective: -4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »

this is a stegano challenge but the image in the challenge page has no hidden data inside it .I tried with many software , they keep telling that there no hidden date , I tried some basic things like compression but without result , there is no trace of any type of encoding except question marks   . I found nothing  "invisible" inside it and there is no other photo in the source code that is suspicious

any vital clue will be appreciated

if it is too much feel free to edit it
sabretooth
SysOp
Admin (SysOp)

SysOp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

this is a stegano challenge but the image in the challenge page has no hidden data inside it

This is incorrect. there is indeed hidden data.  No stegano software will detect it because i believe just downloading an image and running a program you downloaded is lame and teaches nothing.

I will drop a hint however.
There are two main areas where data can be hidden in an image.  The first is in the hex code.  Get a hex editor and open the image, look through the data to see if you can find anything useful.
If this doesn't work, try the second method, which is to open the image in paint (or whatever you use) and try to manipulate the image graphically.  try changing the colour palette, try filling the image with a colour, try manipulating sizes or dimensions.

I will tell you that my reply here contains a DIRECT spoiler for this challenge, but as this is only the training case, I don't mind it.

Do not assume that just because you cannot (yet) find something, that it does not exist Smiley

Good luck.
sabretooth
necromonger

Rate This Detective: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »

@Sabretooth -  great hint, and you're correct. I do see what you're referring to.  For anyone else, don't overthink this one. Something as simple as Microsoft paint can help you!

"...It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that my thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire trembling, the trembling becomes a warning. Is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: