Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Revolution Elite and GDPR  (Read 395 times)
sabretooth
SysOp
Admin (SysOp)

Rate This Detective: 11

SysOp

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »

Greetings detectives.

As the new European GDPR law comes into force on May 25th (2018), I thought I would take this opportunity to inform you about what data is collected about you and how it is used. I also wish to talk about the control you currently have over this data and what will change.

We collect your:

#1 Email address - this is used to uniquely identify your account along with a username. It is used to reset your password, for new challenge notifications (which is still a bit broken) and some exploit challenges require this as part of the mission.
Your email address is never shared or sold.
You can change your email address and can opt-out of all Revolution Elite notifications in your user control panel.

#2 IP address and some pages you visit within Revolution Elite - This information is used to help maintain the integrity of the site, to help stop bruteforce, and to help resolve any issues if they are found or reported.
Your IP address may also be used as part of our exploit missions.
Your IP address is never shared or sold.
Currently you can view your own logs from the Revolution Elite control panel.
Over the next days, an option will appear in the same area where you can immediately clear your logs at your request. Logging cannot be disabled permanently however, mainly due to use in challenges.

#3 Access logs on a granular level - These are kept by Revolution Elite's webhost rather than the site itself. These will be used instead of #2 to help resolve issues and detect unfair play.
These are the responsibility of the hosting provider, rather than the responsibility of Revolution Elite however any data breach will be reported by Revolution Elite at the earliest possible time.

Q. Why is there no option to delete my account?
A. The ruling on erasing data is as follows:
"Give people the 'right to be forgotten'.
Erase their personal data if they ask, but only if it doesn't compromise freedom of expression or the ability to research. "
Source: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/smedataprotect/index_en.htm

Revolution Elite has always had a policy where a user can request account deletion via email to revolutionelite@sabrefilms.co.uk, webmaster@sabrefilms.co.uk or a private message on the site (or WeChall, etc). Eventually this may be automated in the control panel and also inactive accounts (0 challenges solved having being registered for a year) removed, but this is not a reality at this moment.

Finally, I would like to address marketing...  There is none. There will be none. Ever.
That is all.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:29:36 PM by sabretooth » Logged
dloser

Rate This Detective: -1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:39:52 PM »

Hi sabretooth,

Can you please remove my dummy account with the name of 'tehron' and all associated data? I don't even have the password and e-mail for that account anymore.

Please accept my right for 'tehron' to be forgotten.

Thanks!

dloser (a.k.a. tehron)
sabretooth
SysOp
Admin (SysOp)

Rate This Detective: 11

SysOp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:11:30 PM »

Pure brilliance
Pages: [1]
Print